'TISZA'. Ferro-cement Good Hope. Any news ?

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

bowegg

'TISZA'. Ferro-cement Good Hope. Any news ?

Post by bowegg »

Hi,
Before leaving the UK in 1990 we owned 'TISZA' a ferro-cement version of the Good Hope class yacht. We sold her in 1990 where she was moored at Frank Knights in Woodbridge.
We were the second owners of 'Tisza' after the owner/builder died in a tragic MOB accident.
The builder had increased her draft during the build ,we bought her afloat and did'nt know this at the time of purchase as she floated on every tide at Woodbridge but we soon realized she would only leave her berth on spring tides and had made her own "hole" in the mud there. This limited our use back then ,work,tides etc.
We had really good times aboard her mainly at weekends and summer holidays and now twenty years on wonder were she is now ?
Has anyone seen her during this time ? Any info on her current whereabouts ?
Any news would be welcome.
Thanks.
Peter
bowegg

Re: 'TISZA'. Ferro-cement Good Hope. Any news ?

Post by bowegg »

Hi,
Oooops, on delving further into the Eventide site I'm pretty sure that 'Tisza' was likely to have been a 'Barrier Reef 38' hence the 5'3" draft ! We bought her through the trustees of the previous owners estate so had to take her as she was and some rough plans and other paperwork lead us in the direction of her being a 'Good Hope' class. We believe M.G. designed the 'Good Hope' for a doctor friend and that she was built at Woodbridge by Robertsons ?
Anyway 'Tisza' was ketch rigged with a centre cockpit and she had a 4 cylindre two stroke diesel engine which from memory I think was a 'Coventry Climax' ? Also I think the engine was either a "flat i line four" or a "flat four" i.e two cylinders opposite the other two, and painted white ? Ex MOD ?
Thanks for those who have already looked at this, she must still be out there somwhere as ferro boats don't rot very quickly.
Regards,
Peter
Fiddler's Green

Re: 'TISZA'. Ferro-cement Good Hope. Any news ?

Post by Fiddler's Green »

We have posted a bit on the Gallery as well but no news as yet.

Regards,
John
Proud owner and builder of 'Fiddler's Green'