New name?

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

steve

New name?

Postby steve » Mon April 19th, 2010, 11:11 pm

Since this group covers so many different boat designs, maybe it would attract more members if the groups name was changed as currently a new owner of an old boat might not know that their boat, whilst not being an Eventide is nevertheless covered by this club.
I would suggest the Maurice Griffiths owners club, except that you also have other designers covered, maybe the wooden boat club but some boats are steel, fibreglass or even concrete, names including self-build or home-built exclude those MG designs built professionally nor does it encompass all that this club does, choosing a new name might be difficult, what do you think?

chris s

Re: New name?

Postby chris s » Tue April 20th, 2010, 8:01 am

steve wrote:Since this group covers so many different boat designs, maybe it would attract more members if the groups name was changed as currently a new owner of an old boat might not know that their boat, whilst not being an Eventide is nevertheless covered by this club.
I would suggest the Maurice Griffiths owners club, except that you also have other designers covered, maybe the wooden boat club but some boats are steel, fibreglass or even concrete, names including self-build or home-built exclude those MG designs built professionally nor does it encompass all that this club does, choosing a new name might be difficult, what do you think?

Very difficult? Almost impossible I would think :?

Athaena

Re: New name?

Postby Athaena » Tue April 20th, 2010, 6:32 pm

I can see where you're coming from Steve and I quite like the idea of a "Maurice Griffiths Owners Club" but I expect there are all sorts of issues using MG's name.

If you Google "Maurice Griffiths owners" this site is the first result returned. Given that and how well established things are here I'm doubtful there is much to gain from changing our name.

Welcome though :D

Chris

Return to “General Board”