Still looking for an Eventide...

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

Howlin

Still looking for an Eventide...

Post by Howlin »

Hi All,
I'm still looking for, ideally, an Eventide 24/26 in the New Year. So if anyone is thinking of selling or knows of a boat avaialbe then that would be good to know, thank you!

Does anyone have any knowledge of the GH in East Sussex that's been advertised for quite while now? She's shown on Appollo Duck and boatshed websites. I'm potentially interested in her and intend to go and have a look later in the month. http://yachts.apolloduck.com/display.phtml?aid=115302

Regards and thanks for anyone's time,

Simon.
MartynG

Re: Still looking for an Eventide...

Post by MartynG »

Hi Simon

I looked at this boat about 18 months ago and wasn't overly impressed. I was worried about the portholes cut into the hull at the forwrd end, large amounts of water in the bilges and her general condition. At the time of my vist various components weren't fitted and the engine couldn't be run.

She has ben ashore for a very long time - the price has come down considerably since I viewed her.

If you are interested (and this is not the reason for my above comments, i promise) I might be selling my GH31, which I purchased in August last year. Circumstances have mitigated against use and it might be better to move on (sadly) rather than let her just sit there.

Martyn
Howlin

Post by Howlin »

Hi Martyn,
Thanks for your comments, much appreciated. I'm having a mooch about on the net and through this group to see what is about for the new year! The price this boat has been advertised at is my sort of budget. I'm including in that road transport to South Wales (unless I can do a sea delivery!)for what ever I buy in that as well! If you decide to sell your GH31 then I would be keen to hear from you. Do you have any pictures of her? Where are you located?
Many thanks and regards,
Simon.
helenrose

Post by helenrose »

Hi Simon,I dont want to raise your hopes too much but there is an Eventide 27 for sale in bits in Cardiff yacht Club,she needs a lot of work,in fact a complete refit i think the owner has run out of time,i think you could get her for a song.

if you visit CYC website she is in the for sale section,

good luck
Chris
MartynG

Post by MartynG »

Hi Simon

Definately looking to sell the boat :cry: Looking for somewhere in the region of £18.5K. I'm looking for photo's at the moment - I know we have taken some, buty can't locate them! She is afloat in Portsmouth and is more than capable of making the delivery trip.

She comes with full inventory, including new life jackets, and Aries self steering gear. She was surveyed (by Charles Rossitor) before purchase last year.

Let me know if you are interested

Regards
Martyn
Howlin

Post by Howlin »

Hi Martyn, thanks for your post. sorry I haven't replied, been up to my eyes in returning daughters from University and work, work, work! I hope I get some sort of a Christmas break!
I would be keen on seeing your photo's when you've a chance to sort them. Would it be alright for a visit sometime in the New Year if convenient? My weekend's are booked up to the last week in January at the moment. So, if there's a convenient time around then or early Feb to possibly come and visit I'd be greatful.
My email: s.james399@btinternet.com
Home number is 01446 790128
Mobile 07824 386525
Cheers and thanks again,
Simon.