Now that we have the new forum....

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

Wooden Boat Fittings

Now that we have the new forum....

Post by Wooden Boat Fittings »

Now that we have the new forum (and thanks to those who provided it,) are we able to resurrect, resuscitate, or otherwise give life here to the threads provided earlier on the old forum?

Or do we have to copy and paste individual threads, as I seem to remember having had to do last time? :(
Fiddler's Green

Post by Fiddler's Green »

Hello Mike and Welcome! :D

Now you have logged on we can get you more permissions etc....

Sad to say the threads on the old Forum would not transpose without copy/paste... but as it is still available you can do just that if a topic needs to be brought back here.... I might have a go at one for fun anyway!

Hope you got some sailing in, your 'season' must be coming to an end there.... or is it? As you have moved north you might be an all year sailor now!

all the best,

john
Proud owner and builder of 'Fiddler's Green'
Wooden Boat Fittings

John, to answer the last part first. Four hundred miles north, but inland. So in fact less sailing than before (and it's only lake sailing.) And it's already down to freezing overnight as well. Ah well, saylarvee....

In terms of transposing threads, I was thinking of the Tips ones among others -- I think it would be good to have them available to current readers. Maybe I'll have a go one day. :roll:
Fiddler's Green

Post by Fiddler's Green »

Hi Mike,

Good idea transposing the tips page..., time is the problem here... if you get a chance to try it and it works, great!

Frost, cold... I thought you lived in Oz! Lake sailing?! If it is that cold you'll be designing ice yachts!

Hope you throw a bit of rock salt up into the ends to keep her sweet and salty!!

Cheers,

John
Proud owner and builder of 'Fiddler's Green'
Wooden Boat Fittings

Done, more or less.

Rock salt it is -- undoubtedly, indubitably, indisputedly, and inevitably.