Silverhow - Where has she been?

Here you can place and read information about Maurice Griffiths.

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

Silverhow

Silverhow - Where has she been?

Post by Silverhow »

Hi All

I am the proud new owner of a rather tired MG Vulcan 31 dutch steel ketch - Silverhow, she has been standing in a field in Scotland for many years but is in surprisingly good condition. I would love to track down any history or pictures anyone has. I am starting from a low level of knowledge to date, any help much appreciated.
Regards Tim
eilard

Re: Silverhow - Where has she been?

Post by eilard »

Probably your Vulcan has been build by Kesteloo at Brouwershaven. They have been buildings quite some steel Vulcans in the 60-ties. Unfortunately the wharf has been closed and it seems to be impossible to obtain more building data. I have tried to find it for my own vulcan Odyssee with build number 32 from 1968.
Silverhow

Post by Silverhow »

Hi Many thanks for your reply - and yes she is build by Kesteloo in amazingly good steel too, some local rust but mostly hull is as new! I am interested in any pictures you have of your Vulcan especially layout of cocpit instuments, I am refitting and could do with something to go on.

Regards Tim
Silverhow

Post by Silverhow »

I checked and the Hull is number 35 and i have been told she was built in 1966! this seems at odds with no. 32 being 1968. Any thoughts?

Regards Tim
Eventide Owners Group

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

thinking about this one, the dates are often the launch dates, if a boat was sold for home fitting out the actual launch date may have been a few years down the line, which may explain the discrepancies.

Regards,
john
Eventiders
Web site Coordinator
Silverhow

Post by Silverhow »

That makes sense - thanks for clearing that up.

Regards Tim
Silverhow

Post by Silverhow »

As a result of this club i have full details of Silverhow - and even documents as far back as her purchase in 1966. I am delighted what the club has done for me.

Most sincere thanks to all.

Regards Tim
Eventide Owners Group

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

Pleased we could all help, that's what the group is all about. send the pics in to the website when she is ready to pose for photos!

regards,
John
Eventiders.
Web site Coordinator