buccaneer history

Look here to see whats been happening

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

buccaneer

buccaneer history

Post by buccaneer »

Right i have a mg eventide 24 called buccaneer wooden its a bow sprit and rigged as a cutter both staysail jib set on Colnbrook head sail rollers .And i am trying to find out some history about the boat i know it was built by dobsons of shardlow but have no date think it was built before 1972 because i have no hin number or can not find one .I have owned it for just over a year before me was a Colin Wright and i think before him was Reginald Albert Gridley 2001.Carved into the hatch is the number 1112 which could be the sail number i dont know . Even if i could get the date is was built would be something .
Attachments
005.JPG
005.JPG (131.62 KiB) Viewed 36390 times
Eventide Owners Group

Re: buccaneer history

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

If you would like to mail us direct at enquiries@eventides.org.uk I think we can assist you. do not like to put loads of info about any boats on the forum....

We have records of most of the known boats going back to the 1960's so we can look up old sail numners, preious owners names , boat names etc.

Your boat is known. I can recall the pirate or buccaneer under the bowsprit!

Hope to hear from you.

Regards,
John
Web site coordinator
Eventide Owwers Group
Web site Coordinator
Athaena

Post by Athaena »

Buccaneer seems to now be for sale on ebay...

Link removed as its over 90 days old

Chris
Fiddler's Green

Post by Fiddler's Green »

Yes sadly Jim has not hung onto her for long! and I have just traced a load of info about her from a file i had been having trouble reading... She used to belong to my chum Vic Maynard, and I never remembered!
John
Proud owner and builder of 'Fiddler's Green'
buccaneer

Post by buccaneer »

hello john ere not jim personal reason forces the sale of my boat and would still very much be interested in the history of the boat if there is any chance you could send it to me. dont look the boat will sell so looks like i will still be the owner of the buccaneer .
Eventide Owners Group

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

Sorry John, mixing up names...

If you mail me at enquiries@eventides.org.uk I will send you scans of a magazine form the 1990'a where vic Maynard tells some of the history of Buccaneer.

We have a lot of nice boats that cannot sell at the moment, no one has time, effort, or money for wooden boats it seems....

Regards,
John
Web site Coordinator
Rob Davies

Post by Rob Davies »

Hello, I just came across your photo and about fell of my chair, I bought Buccaneer back in May 1986 whilst she was at Hoo Marina, there was some fixing up to be done and then I lived on her for 4 years, the last two with my girlfriend. We had many great times on her and ended up in Rye where I sold her on some time in 1990 I think.
I had not seen or heard anything about her until tonight. I am delighted she seems to be in good shape and would love to know where I might be able to see her again.
Prehaps you could let me know if you have any idea of where I might be able to contact the owner.
Very best wishes Rob Davies.
Fiddler's Green

Post by Fiddler's Green »

Just to say the Forum is back up wonering how you are getting on!

Regards,
John
Proud owner and builder of 'Fiddler's Green'