Ask an Expert !
Do you have a question about any aspect of YM designed boats?

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

mikecad

Post by mikecad »

Hi All, I bought Marionette a 26' Eventide earlier this year, my son has given her some loving attention and a lick of paint, but it has been tricky as every opportunity (not enough of them) we have been out with her, no point explaining the fun, you all know this. I have COPD and struggle with continuous tasks, I get a bit out of breath Rigging the sails & so going out on my own is limited, but I do want to be able to sail her single handed, the boat moored next to mine has a roling Mainsail and Jib, it looks fabulous. I know I can convert my Jib to a rolling reefer, but the mainsail? his has a channel fixed to the mast which the sail rolls int to.
Any help or advice would be so appreciated,
Mike
Eventide Owners Group

Roller mainsail!

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

Hello Mike!

Bit up market are Roller mainsails! The vertical rolling ones that is not the boom rollers.

The engineering is a bit costly and complex. I do know the GH advisor Brian Neale has one, might be worth looking the Advisors page up for him.

I think another option might be lazyjacks and bringing the halyard back to the cockpit. you could also rig a down haul to assist it down, with Lazy Jacks it shoulkd almost self stow on the boom!

just a thought.

Regards,
John
Eventiders
Web site Coordinator