Eventide Owners Group wrote:given the amount of work involved in removing all that I guess you have opted for the bast option. Bet it lasts for years and years and will be darned strong too.
At this rate you will be afloat in time for Easter!
I hope so! Certainly the treated area is rock hard now. I would have worried a little about flexibility, but it's just an inch or two at the extreme end by the bow, forward of that great big knee. I can't see there being much flexing going on there. I used the same method (but without the Cuprinol fungicide) on an Enterprise dinghy with a very soggy transom beam and 3 years later when I sold her that repair still looked as perfect as the day I did it. Getting everything good and warm and using a hypodermic needle to force the epoxy into the timber seems to get really good penetration. Only time will tell though.
Certainly hoping to be back afloat soon, got a couple of weeks off work lined up for a final big push.