Rotostay reefing problem

Ask an Expert !
Do you have a question about any aspect of YM designed boats?

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

Eventide Owners Group

Rotostay reefing problem

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

Hello John,

My 1965 Golden Hind 31, Sari-Rose is fitted with a rotostay E headsail furling system. The SS forestay inside the ali extrusion seems a bit stretched. i.e. the ss 'pin' at the top end is poking out a bit, almost exposing the ss rigging to the top edge. Has anyone got an exploded diagram of the lower end of the rig as I can't find a way of increasing the tension to 'pull' the top back in. Alternatively does anyone know how to tighten this up.

Pete Rogers.
Web site Coordinator
Eventide Owners Group

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

Hello Pete,

Interesting query, have no clue!

Is it as you say that the rigging has stretched, if so can you tighten it, or has a swage fitting slipped?

I guess the only people who can really answer this are going to be Rotostay... My much cheaper Plastimo gear is very different.

I will copy and paste this query into the new Forum, that way others might see it and comment as well. In future all queries of this sort of will be placed on there...

Have you been in touch with Brian the GH rep? He might have an idea, though I suspect every boat will be rigged differently and only someone with a Rotostay might really have the answer.

Regards,
John
Eventiders.
Web site Coordinator