Info about Barcaroles

THIS WAY TO MAKE AND READ COMMENTS ABOUT INDIVIDUAL DESIGNS

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

Hippy Chippy

Info about Barcaroles

Post by Hippy Chippy »

Hi
I've just registered on the owners group and I am trying to find out all I can about the MG Barcarole design because I am very shortly travelling to look at one for sale in Christchurch, Dorset. The price reflects the condition, which is basic. From the photos the hull looks sound and the deck has fairly recently been extensively replaced. Does anyone on here know of this boat and it's history (sorry I don't have a name), the person selling it has had the boat for around 15yrs. I really like the look of this boat and all the MG designs but I know very little about its handling capabilities or quirks and would be very interested to hear what you guys can tell me about it. I am also noticing that there don't seem to be many Barcaroles on this owners group. Were they rare/ no good and so scrapped / or what?

All help appreciated

Rosy
Athaena

Re: Info about Barcaroles

Post by Athaena »

As an owner of a one and only example of an MG design (as far as I know), I wouldn't worry too much about numbers.

I would check carefully the work that has been done, for example has the replaced deck been done well and sealed with epoxy/glass or has just a small area of the ply been patched? Give the hull a very thorough inspection, there will almost certainly be rot (which can be readily fixed) but would be useful to know about in advance of agreeing a price. Beware of any sealant or other indications of leaks.

Chris