MG design "Olive Mary"

THIS WAY TO MAKE AND READ COMMENTS ABOUT INDIVIDUAL DESIGNS

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

ianc1200

MG design "Olive Mary"

Post by ianc1200 »

Apologies if this comes out twice, as I tried posting earlier....

After another wasted day off, not painting because of the rain, I went looking for some photographs in the loft of early MG designs, which I knew I had but hadn't dug out in recent years. The three photographs were of the MG 7 ton "Olive Mary " design. I have two photographs of "Silver Fox", one on the front cover of Yachting World Nov 1945, the other, taken obviously the same day by Douglas Went, in the book "The Sailor's Coast" by the (now sadly late) John Leather on page 89. In the second Classic Boat, Spring 1987, (their MG/East Coast special) page 30 has a photo of "Silver Sea" to the same design, both these boats were built by Harry King in 1933, and looking in Lloyds Registers, there are more. Do any of these early small gaff cutters to MG's design exist any more?

regards

IanC
Eventide Owners Group

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

Hello Ian, good to see you aboard!

I do not know the designs you speak of, will have to look them up! Can you scan the pics and send them digitally? Love to add them to the site!

Am waiting for a little warmth her before I start work on ours for the Fit Out. Not a lot to do again, but not the weather for laying underneath!

Regards,
john
Web site Coordinator
ianc1200

Post by ianc1200 »

John

I'll scan in and e mail them over.

regards

IanC