Happy St. David's Day!

Look here to see whats been happening

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

webmaster

Happy St. David's Day!

Post by webmaster »

Wednesday 1st March 2006

Greetings to all our Welsh friends, Happy St. David's Day! You would think with a name like Williams, I too would be wearing a leek or a daffodil, but there is no trace of welsh in my heritage..... I was told my Great Granddad worked in the Galley on the Thermopylae, but I can't cook either!

The Forum. Tim our Webmaster has a new Forum prepared and on trial somewhere in the background on this site.... It works! I have managed to register, easily! and even tried to fool it, by trying to get in with an alias... but it would not have it, you have to be registered on it to have a say! Hopefully when Tim is sure all the gremlins are under control, you will see a new link on the home page instead of the old one!

We hope we can get all the comments off the old one as well, so they are not lost. This new Forum will be part of the site, not hosted elsewhere as before.

You will not have to leave personal details just an e-mail address. You do not have to be a Registered 'Member'.

For those that worry about registering, and I have heard one comment, we only ask you to register to keep track of the boats, we offer in return a vote in our group. As there is no payment, except donations to keep this going, we have nothing else to offer really! The site is free to all!

If any registered owner has a comment though, please do not hesitate to contact one of the steering group.

I have been informed of a couple of Eventides up for sale for 12k or over.... Wow. As the normal price of our boats, except the really exceptional ones, is half that, buyer beware! Again one of these looks suspiciously like poor old Galliard, and we know what state she descended to....

Yachting Monthly have cried off for our tip on Friday. I was prepared to shovel the snow off the decks! News from Chris in Holland is they have 3 inches of snow today! Trouble is, if it does come down, getting there would be fun. We will wait for it to warm up!

Sailing Today, (April Edition), however have a quarter page on us again! They have seemingly been on the site as well to have a browse!! Look folks, you could be famous if you send in your pics and articles!

Just had a mail in, 'how repairable is ply?' I feel a missive coming on!

Have you noticed the picture count? I have added a WW and a lone Gull, plus a GH! We are creeping nearer!

Keep warm,

John