Scoter wild duck 19

Look here to see whats been happening

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

Scoter19

Scoter wild duck 19

Post by Scoter19 »

Hi I’m James the owner of scoter the fibreglass wild duck 19, I was wondering if anyone has any info on her or photos off her.
Eventide Owners Group

Re: Scoter wild duck 19

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

Hello James,

sorry no one has responded, but to be honest we had never heard of one ever being made in GRP so it was a very long shot finding anyone on here.

I can only surmise she was made as a one off, either by someone in the GRP moulding business for their own use or by an enthuiastic amatuer.

How is the cleaning out and restoring going? Found a nice motor for her yet.?

Regards,
John
Eventiders
Web site Coordinator
Scoter19

Post by Scoter19 »

Hi yes I have just got a stuart turner p5m ready to fit to the boat
Eventide Owners Group

Hello James

See you are determined to go Stuart Turner! Hope it runs sweetly! Check there is no play in the flywheel end of the crankshaft to indicate worn bearing and thus duff crank case seal!

Good luck fitting it and making it safe!

Regards,
John
Web site Coordinator
Scoter19

Post by Scoter19 »

The engine has been fully rebuilt and is a really nice engine
Eventide Owners Group

Well Found James!

I suspect you may also have gas aboard, so can I suggest a simple gas detector fitted that will protect you if there are any fuel or gas leaks!

I have a diesel motor but use gas and have a gas detector... better safe than....

Send more pics in or your Restorers page when you do more aboard!

Regards,
John
Eventiders
Web site Coordinator
Scoter19

Post by Scoter19 »

I will do she’s a complete bare shell at the min so start refitting her in the next few weeks x
chris s

Post by chris s »

Yes,there must have been someone else as mad as I was when I made a mould & 2 complete hulls & decks in fiberglass for a stretched (17ft 9 inch) Senior in 1991/2,
It will be quite perplexing for people to identify if either of these turn up at a later date, just as with your wild duck.
chris s

Post by chris s »

Scoter19

Post by Scoter19 »

Hi yes the same motor there a lovely motor, I’d love to know if the moulds are still around my next thing to sort is the rig as I’d like to set it as a traditional gaff or Gunter rig
Billaboard

Post by Billaboard »

Hi from another Wild Duck owner, or maybe ex-owner now. She is now in the hands of my son, who built her with me and the rest of the family.

During the last days of building, I met a young man from Formby, outside Liverpool, who had built a fibreglass Wild Duck. I was invited out for a sail up and down the Mersey with its strong tides, and that trip was a great factor in maintaining my enthusiasm for our build.

Somewhere I may have records of his boat's name and photos taken at the time, but, because of general chaos here and illness, finding anything will not be easy!
Scoter19

Post by Scoter19 »

Hi thanks that would be great if you could find them as that boat maybe the one I’m doing up now she was off the Mersey and would be good to see what she looked like in all her glory:) if you ever fancy coming to see her please let me know I’d be glad to show you round and be nice for some history