Gipsy Maiden, nee Cevamp.

Look here to see whats been happening

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

Ron Billing

Gipsy Maiden, nee Cevamp.

Post by Ron Billing »

Hi John and all,
Launch day next Saturday when Gipsy Maiden gets back to her element again. Thank you for putting me in touch with Jackie Williams who wrote the book `Cevamp ,Mike and me`. As you know Gipsy Maiden was Cevamp so this year we hope to have a great reunion and sail through the Caledonian Canal and out to the West for a long summer cruise.
I hope I have posted this in the right place as I don`t quite know how all this pootering works.
I`m a pratising Luddite, firmly stuck in the 1950`s as reflected by my choice of yacht, my car, a Morgan 4/4 and ancient beach side residence.
Cheers all
Ron.
Eventide Owners Group

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

Hello Ron, how,s the trip going? When you get near a computer to read this maybe you can mail some pics down to us for the site.....

Are you writing up a log? e want to see it!

I have read and re read Jackies book, makes nice comfortable reading! Pleased you have all met up,

Regards,
John
Web site Coordinator
Ron Billing

Post by Ron Billing »

Thank you for your interest John.
The cruise hasn`t started yet but the reunion has happened. Jackie and Mike sailed up the west coast around Cape Wrath and Pentland Firth to Findochty where they renewed their aquaintance with `Cevamp` They spent a couple of days here and have now set off to return south via Caledonian Canal.
We were hoping to cruise in company but one or two domestics got in the way so we are off next week, through the Canal and hopefully up to Plockton. Spread over a month it should be a great experience.
Will do my best with the pictures.
Cheers
Ron.