You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

vrdw

Post by vrdw »

Hi:

I am living in Scotland and have sailed a fair bit over the years. I came across this site in my search for a Golden Hind that I sailed as crew on across the Atlantic in 1978. The boat's name at the time was Lady Milly, but I have no idea of the sail or hull number. We sailed from Plymouth to the Canaries and on to Antigua where I left the boat to work on other boats. I have contacted the owner to find out if he remembers the numbers and will post them to see if anyone knows what became of her.

Of all the boats I have sailed on and later skippered, the Golden Hind remains one of the best trips I ever had. Call it youth or whatever, but the trip was magical and done without all the mod-cons that come with boats today. I learned to navigate via sextant, compass and manual bearings and lived without refrigeration, hot water and GPS! It was a true sailing experience. I went on to Ocean 71s, Swans and 99' Ketches but none were the same as the Golden Hind.

Yes I am looking for one now!
Eventide Owners Group

Re: New Member

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

Have searched about but no trace of Milly.

Good luck seeking a Golden hind. there appears to be quite a few on the market, at all prices and conditions.

Regards,
John
Eventiders.
Web site Coordinator