Hello from the Haven

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

Paul J

Hello from the Haven

Post by Paul J »

Hello to all!

My father and I have just acquired a rather tired Eventide 26 'Le Manchot' with 16HP 2 cylinder Saab inboard. Having done a little research, it seems she was built by one Mike Goodair with the help of a Boat builder, Ken Brown of Portsmouth around 1964. I also notice that she's recorded on this site, which was nice to see.

We're considering sacrificing the stern cabin for some additional deck space (The 2 rear berths are VERY pokey) and replacing the wheel with a tiller for robustness and simplicity, though none of this is cast in stone. I would appreciate any opinions or thoughts to help in the decision making process. I should probably point out that I'm not a purist (you'll have guessed by now...), but would like to restore the vessel to a good compromise between originality and utility.

She's going to need plenty of work, which will be starting with a (likely) blast clean of the hull in several weeks time. Some cosmetic carpentry and re-upholstery is going to be required, but she's basically sound and we're itching to get the work started.

Some W.I.P. pictures to follow soon....

Thanks in advance to all we'll be seeking advice from!

Paul