"NEW KID ON THE BLOCK"

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

desjacobs01

"NEW KID ON THE BLOCK"

Post by desjacobs01 »

Hi there, My name is Des Jacobs from Cape Town, South Africa.
About a year ago I bought an Eventide 26" Her design # is MG - E1262 (Gaff Cutter). Built in the old Rhodesia?? RSA reg# RSA 585. I do not know much more about her and her previous owner(s).
It took me almost 9 months to get all three ingredients together to do a restoration job :D . They are 1)Money 2)Time and 3) a proper place to work.
She is in a very good condition althoughshe was outside the water now for the last 3years. I will however have to rebuild the total interior. There is nothing inside. Is there anybody with nice practical ideas for the interior and anything I should know? Like things not to do! I do not want to re-invent the wheel!!
I would appreciate any comments and help.
Des
Oh by the way, the guy in the1st picture is not me, it's my dad!
Attachments
The final workshop
The final workshop
SSA41121.JPG (192.69 KiB) Viewed 14094 times
The move
The move
SSA41110.JPG (195.19 KiB) Viewed 14094 times
When I bought her last year
When I bought her last year
DSC01469.JPG (45.67 KiB) Viewed 14094 times
Fiddler's Green

Re: "NEW KID ON THE BLOCK"

Post by Fiddler's Green »

Hello There and welcome, have you filled in the enrolment form on the main site home page?

We would love to have all the details you can give of your boat, we may be able to track her history down. Love to print the pics and story on the Gallery of the main site too, if you send it in to us.

the gallery and the Newsletter, the builders and restorers pages have all got ideas you can crib and there is a separate hints and tips page full of info as well.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Boat look a picture well done on the restoration!

Regards,
john
Proud owner and builder of 'Fiddler's Green'