Moderator steps down

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

Wooden Boat Fittings

Moderator steps down

Post by Wooden Boat Fittings »

Bearing in mind the trouble that was caused by the old Eventide Owners Association's being run by a majority of non-owners (despite its name,) much of the membership, the birth-pangs that produced our new Eventide Owners Group in competition with the EOA through the mass resignation of EOA members, and the final demise of the EOA through lack of knowledge of the vessels by the non-owners then remaining, I have decided that I should resign my position as one of the Moderators of this Board.

This is so because I have sold my 3-Tonner Sanderling and therefore am no longer an owner of any of the boats we established ourselves to support. This decision was made after discussion with the other moderators, and with much regret. But I felt that to stay on would fly in the face of the rules under which the EOG originally decided to govern itself -- which is to say, BY owners FOR owners.

I have been asked to stay on as an advisor (particularly in relation to 3-Tonners,) and I'm delighted to do this.

I also have to say that the EOG Forum is by far the best-behaved forum I have had anything to do with. I have never had to act as a moderator in the sense of being a censor of posts, because I have never seen a post that required censoring. John and Chris will clearly be perfectly well able to handle the task without me.

Thanks to John and Chris for their support, and special thanks to all our members for being such a thoroughly nice and well-behaved bunch of contributors to these forums.

Mike
chris s

Post by chris s »

As you can imagine we are sorry to lose you as a moderator, :(

However the good news is that you will be staying on as an adviser :lol:

I am sure John will wish to add his own comments, but may I say many

thanks for you hard work in making this site what it is today.

My best wishes to you. Chris S
Eventide Owners Group

3 Tonner advisor

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

Yes Mike, You are most definitley our 3 Tonner advisor! Thanks for your input into the forum over the years, it has not gone un noticed that you were often there to answer queries, you and Chris in Holland!

Seems the further away you are the more useful these pages become!

I have asked John stevens and he has sgreed to take up the post of moderator, joining Chris, Tim and myself.

Hope you still get some sailing in Mike,

Regards,
John
Web site Coordinator
Wooden Boat Fittings

Post by Wooden Boat Fittings »

Thanks guys. And welcome, John-the-new. Oh yes, I'll still be around all right. It's been a real pleasure meeting such great people, albeit cybernetically, and have them turn into real personal friends.

John-the-new, you won't have any work to do. The only trouble I can ever remember having was right back at the beginning, when the new forum's in-built list of naughty words insisted on turning 'cockpit' into 'thingypit' in every post....

Anyway, I'll be in the UK later this year, so maybe I'l get a chance to catch up with at least a John or two. Or are you back from the Netherlands now too, Chris?

Anyway, cheers to you all. You and the EOG are a great bunch of people.

Mike
Piskie

Hasta la vista

Post by Piskie »

Mike,
From John-the-new, thanks for all your help, and you will definitely not be missed, as we will continue to value your input. We appreciate your acceptance of the general rules but good guys will always be valued, whatever your role. I hope I can do your past service justice.
Cheers, John-the-new.
Wooden Boat Fittings wrote:Thanks guys. And welcome, John-the-new. Oh yes, I'll still be around all right. It's been a real pleasure meeting such great people, albeit cybernetically, and have them turn into real personal friends.

John-the-new, you won't have any work to do. The only trouble I can ever remember having was right back at the beginning, when the new forum's in-built list of naughty words insisted on turning 'cockpit' into 'thingypit' in every post....

Anyway, I'll be in the UK later this year, so maybe I'l get a chance to catch up with at least a John or two. Or are you back from the Netherlands now too, Chris?

Anyway, cheers to you all. You and the EOG are a great bunch of people.

Mike